SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
We are currently looking to recruit a Bid Writer to join our productive Bid Writing team, based in Central Southampton. This opportunity is offered with a basic salary, including excellent additional benefits plus free parking.
Working within the bid team & taking a leading role in the preparation of pre-qualification and tender proposals through to their submission.
- Leading and coordinating input and responses for tenders.
- Engaging with subject matter experts throughout the business.
- Defining win strategy with the business.
- Maintain and develop an up-to-date tender information library.
- Proofread responses for accuracy.
- Maintain an active log of all tender opportunities and the response progress.
- Build working relationship with sales teams across the business and collate information for use in bids.
·Develop innovative ways of sharing and presenting information and involve the team in the change process
·Apply client bid feedback to future responses to drive continuous improvement
·Understand and apply public procurement legislation and other relevant policies to written responses
- Ensure all tender responses are complete and accurate, in the format requested and all questions have been answered fully and to client specifications.
- Achieve submission deadlines for responses.
- Keep tender information library up-to-date.
- Maintain tender log with progress/completion.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience in Bid Writing (minimum 2 years)
- Must have experience in a business to business or Public-Sector environment.
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills, at all levels of management.
- Must have excellent experience of writing business context and advanced written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret tender request information and design the appropriate response.
- Accurate proof reading.
- Must have Excellent all-round IT skills.
- Organised with good time management skills.
- Thorough with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Excellent benefits and basic salary to be negotiated at application stage
Pension, Parking, bonus, healthcare