QS- A QS with painting surveying background. Intermediate level will be considered
About this role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and skilled Quantity Surveyor to join our Norwich Branch.
We are one of the UK’s largest painting, property maintenance and fire protection contractors, both in terms of our directly employed workforce and geographical coverage.
Whilst maintaining our position as market leader, The business remains a family-owned and operated company, with employee wellbeing and CSR at the heart of our business.
For additional information on Bell Group, please visit our website and social media platforms
Bell Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunities and accredited Living Wage Employer.
Qualified Quantity Surveyor with a background within painting, decorating, refurbishment/maintenance or construction contracts
· Measurement, pricing and evaluation of tenders
· Take responsibility of projects from contract award through to final account agreement
· Cost management
· CVR reporting and forecasting
· Reporting progress to senior management
· Management and administration of sub-contractor accounts
· Producing and submitting applications for payment
· Agreement of final accounts and completion of required client documentation to facilitate client approval
Knowledge / Experience:
· Professional Qualification (e.g. HNC/HND/Degree/Diploma) or equivalent
· Previous experience of painting and decorating projects are preferred however not essential
· Previous experience of working with bill of quants, schedules of rates etc.
· Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors
· Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
· Excellent team player whilst also holding the ability to work independently on own initiative
· Excellent time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines
· Ability to encourage and support other members of the commercial team
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting painting and refurbishment projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges
Rate of Pay: Competitive Plus Company Car or Car Allowance
Salary very competative, car or car allowance, pension