IT Support Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
To assist the smooth running of all the sites’ IT systems using effective troubleshooting and IT support, as well as helping to deliver projects that enable the business to become more efficient.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities while supporting over 100 IT users across multiple sites in the UK and Europe.
You will have the opportunity to mix with a wide range of infrastructures and technologies and there will be opportunities to get involved with various projects as they arise.
The successful candidate should be able to help identify new business requirements (e.g., based on common support request) and flag up areas of vulnerability within our infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for providing IT support and repairs covering mobile devices, laptops, desktops, tablets.
- Play an active role in a small team of IT professionals across a diverse range of technologies, who carry out support, maintenance, fault investigations and upgrades
- Ensure faults and support tickets are resolved effectively, ultimately ensuring changes and enhancements are implemented professionally with minimal risk and minimal service disruption
- Travelling between sites providing IT support to the broader business group
The successful candidate will have experience or be able to demonstrate a good understanding in the following areas:
- Building and repairing PCs and laptops.
- Active Directory/Group Policies
- Windows server & virtual servers
- Networking - LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Routing, IP Addressing, Firewalls and Switching
- Troubleshooting and setting up printers
- Server Technologies - Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, File Server
- Administration of security products such as Firewalls, AV & Anti-Spam Solutions
- Identifying and suggesting possible improvements on procedures, products and infrastructure
- Office 365 / Exchange Server, user and group administration, installing apps etc
- Web app development
- Identifying and implementing IT solutions
The successful candidate will also need:
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- To show a high level of organisation
- Due to travel between sites, it is essential that the candidate has a full driving license
As well as a competitive hourly rate your benefits will include 32 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), Cash-Back Health Scheme, Perks, Pension, Car Parking on site, Free Tea and Coffee, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Events, EAP, and great training opportunities.
Based in New Milton, the business is an award winning, environmentally aware business employing over 200 staff. Our vision and values run through our ‘family’ business, they are what bind us together, strengthens us as a business and enables us to achieve far more together as a team. Recruiting people who reflect our values is essential as every person we employ is a champion and role model within the company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
32 days holiday, pension, cash back health scheme, free parking